- Admissions to St.George School are restricted by certain government regulations and by condition of age, mental attitude, ability and conduct of the candidate. Applicants for admission will be interviewed, tested and admitted to the standard they are found fit, according to the vacancies available.
- Every candidate for admission must be introduced by the parent / guardian who will be responsible for his / her conduct, progress in studies, discipline and payment of fees.
- The Principal reserves the right of refusing admission to a pupil without ascribing any reason for it. He also reserves the right of refusing continued studies of any pupil whose conduct is found not satisfactory or who is not benefitting by his stays and study in this School.
- Admissions to the ICSE stream are made by the School authorities from our Upper Kindergarten depending on their norms of selection and availability of the seats. The consent of the parents and the academic progress of the Students will also be taken into consideration while making the selection to the ICSE stream.
- Transfer certificates will be issued only when the parent / guardian applies for it in the prescribed form after all the dues have been cleared in the office.
- Fees are due as long as no notice of withdrawal of Student from School is given.
- Duplicates of transfer certificates will not be issued unless the request is supported by an affidavit, stating reason for the request, with prescribed fee.
DismissalA Student maybe dismissed on the following grounds:
- Irregular attendance
- Habitual idleness
- Disobedience or defiance of authority
- Malpractice in connection with examinations
- Misbehaviour in public places, streets and conveyances
- Lack of sufficient improvement in conduct and studies even after warnings
- Conduct injurious to the moral tone of the School.
- We believe that discipline is a value and should become a way of life. One cannot become a leader or seek excellence unless one is self-disciplined. Our idea of discipline is not rules and regulations which are imposed externally on a child. Discipline is all about self-management. We avoid all corporal punishment and even harsh reproof. Self-discipline is inculcated by embedding sound traditional values and social sensitivities.
- The primary mission of the School's discipline policy is to develop a structure of consistency in discipline using a proactive, preventative approach where Students develop a respect for others, themselves, and learning. An important element of this policy is how well the Students understand the rules and consequences.
- Discipline is an integral part of the learning process. To develop self-control, a Student must be trained to bridle emotions and impulses, to live in harmony with others, to respect family traditions, to keep the laws of the country and to obey the commandments of God.
- All Students shall be in the School premises at 8.20 am, 5 minutes before the morning bell and taking part in the solemn morning assembly in orderly and respectful manner. All Students observe evening prayer song with sanctity.
- At the first bell, both Students and staff shall assemble in the quadrangle of the School in the class order. On dispersal the Students move to their own class-rooms in perfect order, with their respective class Teacher.
- When the Teacher enters the class-room, all the Students stand up, greet him / her and remain standing until they are asked to sit or the Teacher takes his / her seat. They shall thank the Teacher when the class is over.
- The School expects Students to be polite, friendly and well behaved in and outside the School. They should be respectful to their elders and Teachers, and considerate to their juniors; honest and truthful at all times.
- Students shall keep silence and decorum in the classrooms and corridors. If they should go to another classroom they should move silently in a line.
- Students going for Mass Drill and Activity are expected to reach back their class as soon as the Mass Drill or Activity is over. They are not allowed to loiter around unnecessarily. If found loitering, disciplinary action will be initiated.
- Students shall not leave their classrooms or enter other classrooms without permission. Students are not allowed to enter Teacher`s staff room without permission or in the absence of any Teacher. Only class leaders are allowed to enter by permission.
- Speaking in English is compulsory at the School, in the bus and while waiting at the bus-stop to board the bus.
- Writing or scribbling on walls and desk, benches or anywhere else is strictly prohibited.
- Students must bring books according to the specified time-table. They must see that all books are neatly covered and labeled.
- Late comers should bring a note of explanation from their parents.
- Any damage caused to the property of the School or of other Students must be reported to the Principal and will have to be compensated. Students shall be responsible for the safe custody of their belonging. It is suggested that the Students` name and class be inscribed on all articles such as uniforms, shoes, lunch boxes, umbrellas etc.Lost and found articles deposited in the School Office must be claimed within a month.
- The School is a plastic free zone. We do not promote Students bringing junk food to the campus. The School premises and classrooms must be kept neat and tidy.
- Every Student shall endeavor to keep up the high standard of the School by excelling in studies, good manners and deportment / personal conduct. Politeness and courtesy in speech and conduct as well as cleanliness and grace of person are to be cultivated and cherished.
- Students are expected to behave with dignity outside the School premises also. Any activities of the Students outside the School premises or in public places, which may harm the name, reputation and discipline of the School will be addressed and disciplinary action will be initiated if found necessary.
- While wearing the School uniform, no Student must engage in behavior or associations detrimental to the moral tone, values and goodwill of the School. Strict disciplinary action will be initiated against the Student found engaging in the same.
- Students are discouraged from carrying too much money or any expensive articles to School. Students are not permitted to bring iPods, cameras, laptops and other electronic equipment without the permission of the Teacher concerned.
- Students are strictly prohibited from bringing or using mobile phones in the School campus. If found in possession the articles will be confiscated. No meetings, parties or organized School activities should be arranged without the approval of the Principal.
- The School management will not be responsible for the loss or damage of valuables in the School or while coming or going from the School.
- Vehicles that enter into the School campus during School hours must follow the parking rules. Money should not be lent or borrowed from Students. No articles may be exchanged with other Students. Whenever Students are permitted to wear casual clothes, they must be modestly and suitably attired for School. Students are permitted to wear color dress on their birthdays.
- Every student is issued a Hand book and an Academic planner at the beginning of the academic year.
- The handbook is to be brought to School, when required. The Academic planner must be kept neat and tidy all throughout the year and to be brought to school every day. Students are not allowed to write anything in it except in the calendar part of it. It must be safely kept throughout the year and will not be easily replaced. Once lost, a new one has to be collected from the School Office, but only with the special permission of the Principal on the recommendation of the class Teacher. It is the important document of the Student`s career, conduct and studies in the School for the year, and hence is not to be replaced easily.
- No collection of any kind for any purpose whatsoever may be made from the Students or staff without the permission of the Principal. Parents is earnestly requested to make no personal gifts to staff members.
School UniformThe purpose of a School-wide DRESS CODE is to establish a School environment that supports a productive, academic atmosphere which supports Students’ learning and reflects the educational values of the staff and the parents. The School uniform is obligatory on all School days and official functions. It is the duty of the parents / guardians to see that the Student comes to School neatly dressed in the prescribed uniform. The uniform is detailed below:
- Normal uniform on all the weekdays’ except Wednesday
- House dress on Wednesdays
- During winter, Students may wear navy blue sweaters.
Hearty congratulations to Our SSLC students. Topper Serin M.Saji 95.6% We got 4 Distinctions 29 ......Read More
- School reopens on June 4th 2018.
School reopens on June 4th 2018.......Read More
- Distribution of text-books and note-books for standard Nursery to 8th will be done on May 21, 2018.
Distribution of text-books and note-books for standard Nursery to 8th will be done on May 21, 2018.......Read More
- School reopens for Standard 9th & 10th on 2nd May 2018. The same day text-books & note-books will be distributed.
School reopens for Standard 9th & 10th on 2nd May 2018. The same day text-books & note-books w......Read More
- Result will be announced on April 11.
- 2017-18 annual exam commence on 15th March 2018.
2017-18 annual exam commence on 15th March 2018.......Read More
- Admission started for the next academic year.